It appears the #ThotAudit wasn’t enough to keep some trolls busy this holiday season. Now the greeting “Happy Hanukkah” is being passed around as a passive-aggressive anti-Semitic dog whistle on Twitter.
1. When Jewish people are “seen speaking for fellow White people,” wish them “Happy Hanukkah.”
2. If a Jewish person “writes an anti-White themed article,” leave a comment saying “Happy Hanukkah.”
3. While meeting a Jewish person on the streets, “look them dead in the eyes” and wish them “Happy Hanukkah” no matter what time of year it is.
1. Don’t stop until the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) lists the phrase “Happy Hanukkah” alongside Pepe the Frog on their website as anti-Semitic and hate speech.
2. Take “ownership” of their seasonal greeting and “make them look like paranoid schizophrenics” at the same time.
Some examples so far:
Nazi trolls are so weird. A bunch popped into my mentions in the past few hours to wish me Happy Hanukkah. It is funny because I *am* Jewish and that definitely doesn’t offend me — it’s also a bit early for that but hey, A for effort. pic.twitter.com/ktywKM7CdY
— Av Gutman 🔥📝🗞 (@abgutman) November 27, 2018
-chan racists are currently using the term Happy Hanukah as part of an organized campaign. If you see it happening, report it. pic.twitter.com/951PD9kkLX
— Carolyn Petit (@carolynmichelle) November 26, 2018
I really don’t understand this mentality. There’s nothing offensive about Happy Hanukkah, even if it’s said disingenuously. All there is to do is say “Thanks” and move on with your day. But, some people just really WANT to give trolls more fodder. I don’t get it. https://t.co/TbBNPlolnG
— Robert Peg (@robert_peg) November 27, 2018
Thanks for the info my man! These trolls will stop at nothing. Happy Hanukkah.
— The New Heretic (@pulse730) November 27, 2018
The nerve. A bunch of racists are trolling this dude by “saying happy Hanukkah” please help report any post you see with these words in it and help this guy out. https://t.co/4RChnNXLAM
— ₴Ʉ₱ɆⱤ₴ØⱠĐ₳₮Ɇ₦ (@ProudofyourGoy) November 27, 2018
the fact you brought up that specific site tells us your knowledge on social justice topics is 2014 at latest which tells us you’re concern trolling
Their explicit intention is to make “Happy Hanukkah” be declared hate speech.
You are saying to cede that to them.
Away with ye.
— gender is a fuck and so can u (@magicalfeyfenny) November 27, 2018
Your people sure know a thing or two about taking land that isn’t theirs, happy Hanukkah 🕎
— Pollyboi Zucc’d (@Pollyboi) November 28, 2018
Main Image: Internet Troll (Wampler Pedals)