A National Review investigation has revealed that way back in 2006, prominent Democratic politicians including Barack Obama, Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton, Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi all supported a massive 700-mile-long steel barrier that would later be placed on the border between the United States and Mexico to help prevent illegal aliens from crossing into our country.
The Secure Fence Act (SFA), which President George W. Bush signed into law after it passed 80-19 in the Senate (with 26 Dems voting “Yea”), is proof that these same numbskulls who are so quick to challenge the current POTUS on building a more secure border wall are total hypocrites and flip-floppers.
Here is some information from the report about the Democrats who supported the border barrier over 12 years ago:
- Joseph Biden of Delaware (“I voted for the fence related to drugs,” he explained in a 2007 debate. “A fence will stop 20 kilos of cocaine coming through that fence.”)
- Sherrod Brown of Ohio (while still in the House, Brown voted Yea that September 14.)
- Tom Carper of Delaware
- Hillary Clinton of New York (the Halloween after voting for SFA, she told the Council on Foreign Relations that America should “secure our borders with technology, personnel, physical barriers if necessary in some places.”)
- Dianne Feinstein of California (“Democrats are solidly behind controlling the border, and we support the border fence,” she told the Los Angeles Daily News. “We’ve got to get tough on the border. There’s no question the border is a sieve.”)
- Bill Nelson of Florida (freshly defeated by Republican Rick Scott)
- Barack Obama of Illinois (“The bill before us certainly will do some good,” Obama argued on the Senate floor. “It will authorize badly needed funding for better fences and better security along our borders, and that should help stem some of the tide of illegal immigration in this country.” He added that SFA would stymie “immigrants sneaking in through unguarded holes in our border…”)
- Chuck Schumer of New York
- Debbie Stabenow of Michigan
- Ron Wyden of Oregon
Here’s a good audio montage of Democrats flip-flopping on the immigration issue:
Main Image Credit: Puppet String News