H.R.1, a new bill introduced in the House last week by Rep. John P. Sarbanes (D-MD) and Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), is described as legislation that will “expand Americans’ access to the ballot box, reduce the influence of big money in politics, and strengthen ethics rules for public servants, and for other purposes.”
Sounds good, right?
Upon closer inspection, the bill, which is over 500 pages long, secretly aims to completely change the way our voting system works.hr1
Here are some highlights:
- Automatic voter registration (page 35)
- 16-year-olds are allowed to vote (page 39)
- Colleges can automatically register students to vote (page 40), but are not required to ask if they are US Citizens (page 41)
- Within 6 months of an election, people cannot use the cross-state registration database to find people who are registered to vote in more than one state (page 49)
- Non-citizens who are registered to vote cannot be charged with a crime unless they “knew” they were violating a crime (pages 49-50)
- On the spot registration (page 65)
- Poll observers will no longer be allowed to challenge voters (page 94-95)
- Any citizen can request a “My Voice Voucher” worth $25 to be donated from federal funds to their selected party; there will initially be a trial run in four states before expansion (page 375)
- Voting rights are restored to convicted criminals, as long as they are not in jail on election day (page 111)
- All states must allow early voting and polling locations must be moved within walking distance of bus stops (page 137)
It is unlikely this new legislation will actually become law considering Republicans own the Senate and President Trump would quickly veto it.
Regardless, this is a clear sign of how radical the Left has become and what their true intentions are: to completely dismantle and overhaul the republic.
Image Credit: Getty