A malicious script associated with powerad.ai was just discovered on popular image boards 4chan and 4channel.
The script reportedly records users’ device IDs, mines and processes data then matches those IDs to various personal accounts (e.g. Microsoft Live, Gmail, Amazon, etc).
Advertisement: Lucky Shot USA
Here’s a quick rundown:
- 4chan is now tracking you using a script associated with powerad.ai.
- With every post you make, thread you view, etc. the data is mined and processed, and then associated with your device ID.
- This device ID is matched to things like any Google/amazon/Microsoft account that’s been associated with the device you’re using.
- Everything you read and say is now tied to your real life identity.
- Your POLITICAL views, POLITICAL inclinations, and POLITICAL preferences are linked to your identity, along with anything considered “problematic)” by 3-letter agencies.
- It’s not enough to simply try to block the script.
- Phoneposters are eternally f**ked.
It then links these to your Amazon and Google tags, which is basically the collection of data these two already have on you outside of this site, which includes your address, contact details, biography, social media, etc.
Also, by the looks of it, they’re deciding whether you’re in the US or not but the script doesn’t terminate if you’re not.
Ironically, these scripts don’t appear on 4chan, just 4channel.
Best thing to do is block that url (https://powerad.ai/customScripts/4channel.js) or https://powerad.ai as a whole, use a VPN, or just jump ship now.
This is starting to remind us of China’s Social Credit System. Is it happening here in the United States as well!?
Main Image Credit: Quick Heal Blog
Info Credit: anon SeVaoppG