An employee who used to work for social media giant Facebook was recently hired by Project Veritas, an organization that exposes corruption through undercover agent activists.
The whistleblower has revealed that Facebook regularly engages in “routine suppression” of conservative pages, posts and articles through “various methods.” This revelation confirms internal documents and presentation materials obtained by Project Veritas.
According to Zero Hedge:
The employee, who left Facebook in 2018, [provided Project Veritas] with screenshots from a Facebook workstation [that show] the specific technical actions taken against political figures, as well as “existing strategies” taken to combat political speech such as “deboosting” – by which the visibility of certain content is reduced algorithmically based on certain keywords.
Here are some important points, straight from the source:
- Facebook engineers plan to “demote bad content.”
- Conservative Facebook page livestreams secretly “deboosted,” no notice to page owners.
- Facebook can classify users as trolls based on their vocabulary, then punish by limiting bandwidth, blocking comments.
- Facebook engineer: “‘Hateful’ content is coming from right-leaning sites.”
- “Special features” triggered “leading up to important elections.”
Main Image Credit: We Are Change